26 January 2009

I'm losing my hair!

"Roms, malapit ka nang mapanot!"

My sisters told me that when they found out a hairless spot on my scalp and the start of the thinning of my hair.
That is no surprise, it's in our genes.

I grew up seeing lolo Enteng (my paternal grandfather) as an old bald man. All his sons, including my father, have shiny forehead. Kuya Jun, my eldest paternal cousin lost his hair even before turning 30. I am to turn 25 this year, a big posibility to have my own moon on my head soon. Huwat? Am I to lose this hair?

This is heredetary, but I think it was also triggered by the hair products I had used and are using.

The gelled hair fashion started when I was in highschool. And of course, it is the in thing so I followed. Then comes the styling wax, then soon styling clay. I stopped using these styling products early last year, that is because my dermatologist wouldn't recommend it. She told me I have atopic psoriasis, in layman's term, I have a big dandruff problem. Really bad dandruff.
So I tried every anti-dandruff products I ever known.

Getting bald was never and will never be a surprise for me, after all my mother prepared me since I was a child I'm going that direction. I think it is pretty much cool.

Hairless it may soon but never will be brainless.

No comments: