22 March 2010

Technology Binds Us Together

The recent passing away of my maternal grandmother proved me that no matter the distance maybe, the heart of of a family never fails to seek ways.

It was a long weekend here in Japan. I cancelled all my schedule (saturday: premium philippine fiesta, sunday: SFC teaching and Curry Rice Patrol, Monday: Prases ASS (as in Prases Adventure Sa Sea) coined by kuya Marius) to always be here at home, online so that my family can call me anytime.

Online Burol. That is where I am right now. My family didn't want me to go home for lola's wake so the next best thing that I can do is to be there virtually. Thanks to Skype.

Somehow, I manage to be updated on what is happening back home. Somehow, I am present at this latest family reunion. Reunions that only happen when someone passes away.

I had my farewell to lola using Skype when she was already battling death at the hospital. And now I am bidding her goodbye, while her physical remains lie a time zone away, using this virtual bridge.

Thank God for the technology. Thank God for the Engineers and Technologists who invented these. Thank God I never missed Lola's wake. But surely, I will miss my Lola Luring.

No comments: