14 July 2008

back to school

Well technically, not! Rather, I am back on doing academic things, taking lessons, preparing for an exam, and a whole lot more stuff.

The company I am working offered an accelerated instrumentation and controls course every thursdays and friday on our office. It started last Thursday and will run until mid-October. I was one of those who asked the department for that course. It is free, but of course that means a year of bond on the company. I don't mind, I like what I am doing anyways.

The course is administered by Philasia School of Instrumentation and Automation, the school formed by former PICS heads.

Ever since I started working, during that time I was in the operations of an industrial gas process plant (particularly an air separation plant), I felt I will enjoy instrumentation. Not giving a fact that Process Control and Instrumentation subject during college sucks, really sucks!

And now I am into it. Although a little to far from what I am to do as a Fire Protecttion Engineer, I don't regret giving Instrumentation a shot.

Life is a continuous learning. Grab every opportunity and learn from everything around you.

No comments: