09 July 2008

Sport Idiot

A while ago after office, our department went to go bowling for our monthly work-life balance, a sort of tournament. This month's sport is bowling. Last month it was badminton. And how do I fair on these sporting event? What else but a failing, mad, and terible idiot.

I play no sport, that's why my body is far far way behind those of an athlete. Or should I say the other way around. I play no sport because of my thin lousy body. I bet before hand what would others will tell about me. "kaya mo ba yung bola e parang mas mabigat pa sayo yan?" and a lot of comments of the same note. In a way being a thin boy keeps me away from others. While lads of my age enjoy playing basketball, I remain in my room taking non-sense toughts, as if planning to build my own world, away from everything that may remind me of how "weird" I am.

I have enough experiences of sort of outcasting myself or being outcasted because of who I am to fill this entire site. I don't want to mention it anymore. I have enough.

I am about to be 24 next month, and still, whenever someone calls me name because of my physical attributes, it saddens me, yet not enough to push me get away with it. I don't know.

I should have done so many things if only I have sufficient courage and self-esteem to tell everyone, yes my weight is 26 lbs. less than a healthy weight for me, but winds won't blow me off. I hope I'll have, soon.

No comments: