27 December 2009

Project Manganese: An Assessment

I started the year 2009 with a set of goals. I called it "Project Manganese".  Manganese is element number 25 (my age for this year). I wrote it down and post it on my closet door (at the dorm). I had it monitored monthly, but the time I left the dorm, I never had the chance to monitor it frequently. An now, I think, it is the time to assess these goals if I met them.

Goal Number 1: Finish Old Testament

I started the year when I am about to begin reading the book of Numbers. Right now I am just about at the end of the book of Proverbs, still many books before finishing it. Don't think I can finish all these in 4 days time. Remarks: Failed!

Goal Number 2: Gain weight to normal weight

Ok, ok, I think I got it wrong here. What is the exact value of "normal weight"? But anyways, I improved my weight. I am now on a three-digit libra demarkation. ehehe. But still don't know if that satisfies my goal. Remarks: Not so clear!

Goal Number 3: Have Php30,000 savings (on a bank separate from my payroll account)

Remarks: Failed! Need I say more? ehehe.

There are also wishes I wrote in that goal list. On of which came true just this last quarter of the year - go to Japan for project  assignment/s.

More or less, failed goals are not seen as failures, rather opportunities came along because of my pursuit of these. Lessons are learned, hopes sprung, and values are born.

Thank you Lord for a wonderful year that was 2009, and will be looking forward to an even more wonderful year that is 2010.

No comments: