28 June 2013

Sisters and Me

Disclaimer: I am never a fan of movies and movie house doesn't give me thrills, actually it gives me goosebumps. 

Last night, I give in to the pangungulit (err, pangpupuwersa) of my best buddies and sisters in SFC, ate cla and ate pm, to go out on a movie date. We watched 4 Sisters and a Wedding. 

I want to share my take on the movie. 

Growing with 5 sisters, I may say, I've been seeing myself in Enchong's character the whole movie. I may not be the bunso, but I've always been treated as one.

It reminded me of my own sisters. Like them in the movies, we had our own share of stories, we set our own goals, we have our own priorities, to the point we've never realized we've been growing apart. But like them as well, when time comes we need to stick together, we do stick together. I think that's the reality of siblings growing up. It is not unique, it is the story of each one of us.

I have never been this expressive with my sisters, but to tell you honestly, I considered texting them last night to tell them I missed them.

So now I want to tell these to my sisters: I love you and I am grateful to the Lord I have the 5 of you. I am sorry if sometimes I failed to be the brother you deserve to have. 

PS: I was joking last night na ngayon palang naawa na ko sa magiging girl friend ko. Hindi malabong ganun ka-OA magiging reaction ng mga kapatid ko. :p

No comments: