01 June 2009

Balot-Buniag Nuptials (31May2009, Tarlac City)

Yesterday, I witnessed the wedding of my friend Vic John to his long-time girlfriend, now his wife, Lailanie. This is the first time I became abay for a friends wedding. The last time I had a chance to be abay was the wedding of my eldest sister in 1995. This was also the first wedding I attended after a long while.

The moment the bride walked the aisle, I looked at my friend and told myself, they really love each other. The sparks on their eyes are totally indescribable, they are in love.

The wedding itself is very much fun. That, I can say, is the most creative wedding I ever attended. As part of the entourage, the pictorial before, during and after the ceremony is a little bit different. Very creative are the photographers, really catched the moments. And not to mention, some on-site photo where already flashed in the screen during reception, all editting completed (they preseneted it in a video collection of pictures) in just a short period of time.

The programme during reception is also unique. Instead of the usual throwing of boquet and garter, the single ladies are asked to choose riboons "attached" to the boquet. The lady who has the ribbon in which the boquet is really attached to is the winner (don't know what should we call it, probably the lady to put on the hot seat). The same is with the bachelors. Luckily, I didn't got the ribbon attached to the garter.

I wish I could have the photos soon. Photos are better story teller than me, i guess.

And for the couple, I wish their relationship will continue to go stronger and their love for each other remains with them for lifetime, I am sure it will.

No comments: