25 June 2009

Fruitful "Me" Time

I always do "me" times. One of which is yesterday.

After office, while my officemates played badminton as part of our regular work-life balance in our department, I opted not to join but rather have my "me" time.

My agenda: to look for a leather belt, buy vitamin supliments and eat.

Here's what happened:

I usually start my "me" time with a prayer (at kung sinisipag-sipag ako, binubuo ang misa) at the nearest church. I would pray that I would have a good "me" time. But rather, this time, I asked God for a fruitful "me" time. And that's what happened.

I first came to National Book Store to see some good titles. I found this book written by my favorite author Bo Sanchez entitled "How to Live a Life of Miracles". It is priced Php250. So I thought it would be the same price as in Powerbooks. So I went to powerbooks only to find out it is priced Php295. So I went back to National and finally bought the book. Presto, I saved Php45.

Next agenda: Leather belt.

So I went to Memo and Celio just to find out their belts cost Php1,000+. No way! Agenda: crossed. Not this time.

As I was about to go to the Food Choices to eat my dinner, a man with a leaflet of WWF appproached me and invited me to sponsor their cause. Without batting an eyelash, I said yes. I don't know what's in me to actually agree to sponsor them that quickly, after all it would be a continuous donation (on a monthly basis). Whew. I am not easily been dragged to that sort of giving but somehow I did. Well that's ok, I said to myself, it's for a good cause.

After eating my dinner, I went to Mercury for the vitamins I am to buy, went back to office for the 7 o'clock shuttle.

At the dorm, I read the book that I bought. And to my surprise, I read it in one sitting! (Actually in one lying! hehehe). That I never had done in my lifetime.

That night was the best, so far, and I may say the most fruitful "me" time I had.

No comments: