10 June 2009

Long-term Goals

It's been around 6 months since I created a list of my goals/wishes for this year 2009. My goals there are set to be completed by the end of the year. It is the first time I did a list for my goals and its progress are monitored monthly.

Now, there are goals that are trying to come into my mine that I never had thought when I am doing that list, although I may say these could not happen within the year (so technically can't be part of that list). Let me share these to you:

1. I wanted to have my own car. Now I realized the practicality of having my own car. I can go to wherever I want not thinking of what transportation means to take. I had a very hard time commuting specially during rush hours. Imagine me at the crowded MRT. Whew. That's always my problem. Kung minsan, tingin ko hihimatayin na lang ako bigla sa loob ng siksikang MRT dahil indi na ko makahinga at di na kaya ng katawan ko ang stress ng mabibigat na katawan ng taong tumutulak sakin.

2. I want to go back to school. I told myself before even graduating that I will pursue another course. Not that I don't want my course way back in college, but I want to experience more knowledge. Civil Engineering, Management Engineering, Business Administration, Architecture, Masters in ChemEngg - these are the courses I wanted to pursue. But I think I don't have drive right now to go back to school, yet I know I want to. Maybe I should be conditioning myself more. I wanted to be an Atenista when I was small, but because my parents can only afford the tuition of UST, I became a Thomasian. I don't regret being a Thomasian though. Now, if ever I will go back to school, I still want to be an Atenista.

These two are what I am taking into considerations now. Probably I'll have these at my goal list next year. But one thing is still lacking on me to pursue these - money. It takes a lot of money to be an Atenista, and car is not something you can buy in a month's salary. So I think this should be my first priority for now - how will I raise my own funds to support these goals I have in mind.

No comments: